Friday, July 23, 2010

Roots of Desire

'Roots of Desire' is the first solo show in my virtual gallery. This is a blog/gallery created towards familiarizing the works of young and upcoming artists who often do not get a gallery to exhibit. My experience has been this that a majority of the artists are not given a chance to exhibit in the galleries. They say, "This is not our kind of works." Once the same artist becomes established in some way, the same galleries that once turned him down flock behind him. This situation cannot be avoided, if one wants to be a 'gallery' artist.

JohnyML's Gallery does not claim to play the role of a gallery. It is my personal attempt to showcase the works that catch my attention outside the gallery circuit. This space is not just about conventional mediums of art. It is about all forms including the innovative kind of art. I am afraid of using the word cutting edge. There is a sort of curatorial effort involved in it though I want to keep that part quite understated for the time being. I don't stick to any kind of periodicity. As and when I feel it is important to show a set of works, I do it here.

In 'Roots of Desire', I introduce, Jagesh Edakkad, a young artist hailing from Kerala. He is a post graduate from the RLV College, Thrippunithura.





(untitled, Dry pastel on paper, 2.5' x 1.5')


(untitled, Dry pastel on paper, 2.5' x 1.5')


(untitled, Dry pastel on paper, 2.5' x 1.5')


(Untitled, Dry pastel on paper 4' x 2.5')


(untitled, Dry pastel on paper, 2.5' x 1.5')


(Untitled, Acrylic on canvas, 6' x 4', 2009)

No comments:

Post a Comment